Any government-issued documents are accepted as ID proof when applying to a rental property. Few examples are given below for your perusal: 

  • Passport (an international passport is acceptable if it includes the name, date of birth, photo and signature of the applicant. If not in French or English, it should be accompanied by a professionally translated version)
  • Driver's License 
  • Enhanced Driver's License 
  • Canadian Military Identification card 
  • Government-issued Identification card 
  • Government-issued Enhanced Identification card 
  • Canadian Citizenship card (issued before February 1, 2012) 
  • Canadian Permanent Resident card 
  • U.S. Permanent Resident card (Green card)